Monday, June 4, 2012

Early Season Update

After a long break from blogging, I’m back at it again... I know you are all shocked ;) Since my last blog post, I’ve completed 4 races: 2 drafting and 2 non-drafting which are part of the 5150 series. After almost a 3 year break from the non-drafting scene, I decided to go “give it a go” once more this year, this time on a time trial bike instead of a road bike (which definitely helps a ton!). Thanks so much to my main sponsor Sklar Exploration and to Colorado Multisport for helping me get setup on Mr. Shiver Me Timbers (my Specialized Shiv time trial bike) and also my road bike as well. Prior to this year I’d never had an in-depth bike fit and I can’t recommend them enough to make you go faster and make your body happier while riding! In other exciting news, I am now an engaged woman! On one of the last days of my winter training in California, my boyfriend surprised me by taking me over to Malibu where I thought we’d just be going to dinner. Instead, we ended up taking a walk on the beach which turned into drawing in the sand, which turned into a proposal, which turned into me now having to wear something besides a Timex watch on my left hand/wrist…but I’m not complaining one bit! At the beginning of March, after my training block in the warmth of California, I competed in the Clermont ITU Continental Cup in Florida to test out my early season fitness. Unfortunately, I felt sick to my stomach pretty much the entire race. I was able to work through my discomfort until the run, where I was forced to jog pretty much the entire way and finished pretty far back. Although this was not the way I’d envisioned kicking off my 2012 season, the weekend was not at all a waste. Since the race was in Florida and fairly close to my hometown of Gainesville, I was fortunate enough to have two of my best friends (Darcie and Wendy) there to cheer me on and support me throughout the weekend. In addition, I was able to visit Animal Kingdom which is the only Disney park I hadn’t been to in the parks located in Orlando.

No comments:

20 Questions With Your Author

Hey, y’all! Remember me? I’m just now looking at the last time I posted on here… somehow, I blinked and over 1.5 years went by in the blogos...